Yab Yum (Tibetan Buddhist symbol of cosmic wholeness)
The image shown above caught my attention due to several things. The principles and elements of art played a key role toward the importance of my choice in this image. The elements I chose were color, and line. Color because it en focuses on the three elements of color as well such as the hue, intensity, and value. There are different colors, that range in intensity. I also chose line because there are lines coming out from the image, to show some type of movement. Now when it comes to the principles of art I chose emphasis and unity. This image emphasizes a lot on colors, as well as the image in the center showing a man and a woman expressing their "love" for each other. Lastly, unity brings all the elements and principles to complete the image, and make it much more meaningful.

Dear gisella,
ReplyDeleteThis is a very interesting picture. From the elements and principles you mentioned, I also think this image also has variety and value. It shows variety because the lines make a shape that goes around the people in the middle but the shapes are not exactly the same but there's a variety of them. And Also there is many different colors being used in this painting. The colors show value because they have different tones. Like the color blue is shown many times but the color is lighter or darker.